WHAT IS HOME AUTOMATION?
Home automation is building automation for a home, also referred to as a smart home. A home automation system will control lighting, climate, entertainment systems, window blinds and appliances to name a few. It could also include home security such as access control and alarm systems. When connected with the Internet, all of these devices are part of the Internet of Things.
A home automation system typically connects controlled devices to a central hub. The user interface to control the items are either wall-mounted terminals, tablet or desktop computers, a mobile phone application and may also be accessible off-site through the Internet.
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC): remote control of all home energy monitors over the internet.
- Lighting control system: incorporates communication between various lighting system inputs and outputs.
- Occupancy-aware control system: smart meters and environmental sensors like CO2 sensors to trigger automatic responses for energy efficiency and building comfort applications.
- Appliance control and integration with the smart grid and a smart meter
- Home robots and security: a household security system integrated with a home automation system can provide additional services such as remote surveillance of security cameras over the Internet, or access control and central locking of all perimeter doors and windows.
- Leak detection, smoke and CO detectors.
- Indoor positioning systems (IPS)
- Home automation for the elderly and disabled
- Pet and Baby Care: tracking the pets and babies’ movements and controlling pet access rights
- Air quality control: Monitor the air quality and pollution level in the city and create a pollution map.
- Smart Kitchen and Connected Cooking. Using Voice control devices like Amazon Alexa, Google Home or mobile applications to manage coffee machines, ovens, fridge and multi cooker, as Instant Pot or robotic kitchen
Give us a call to learn more and see how home automation can interact with your life: 802 448 0070
The Honeywell Lyric T5 Thermostat: You can program it based on your schedule, or let it adapt to your life as plans change. Control the Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Thermostat from anywhere simply by using your smartphone or tablet.
Electronic locks can arm or disarm a security system and even lock when you leave your driveway! Using a pin code associated with a person this allows tracking in and out of the house.
Z-Wave smart devices like this switch can turn on and off lighting even when you are on vacation on the other side of the world! Scenes can be setup to turn devices on or off when you enter or leave the house and can be totally customized. Your imagination is the only limitation.
Mon - Fri: 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Sat: 8:00AM - 12:00PM
Sun: By appointment
Have a question for one of our team members?
Enhanced Digital Systems strive to deliver the newest, latest and greatest innovations, technologies and products. Our featured items highlight these products and services that will help protect your family and business.
© 2020 Enhanced Digital Systems.